The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday October 27, 2009 at 22:52
Bret19
Lurking Member
September 2009
On October 16, 2009 at 16:00, JoeFlabitz said...
Maybe you should use the MX980 and not worry about the plug.

Maybe you will upgrade my remote for free and do the initial programming for free? And I am sure you will also do any future programming changes for free?

I do not consider the 980 an "upgrade". It is way more expensive (with programming), it is uglier, and I dislike the layout of the hard buttons much more than the 810. I only need to program one 810 for a simple 1 room theater, not program many to make my living. It is perfect when it is actually able to charge the battery.

I apologize for my rant, but as a consumer (end user) some of these posts are very discouraging, unprofessional, and almost makes me want to abandon this web site. It is a public forum, and custom installers should remember that you are selling yourself and the industry as a whole.

I was just trying to find out if there is a quality issue with the MX-810. The main reason I purchased the 810 over a Harmony was strictly a quality issue. It is quite obvious the 810 is much better made than a Harmony One.

The response I received from a supposed industry professional is that I purchased a junky remote and I do not know what I am doing (my interpretation).

Hosting Services by ipHouse