The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 103 made on Monday October 19, 2009 at 22:43
GerryA51
Long Time Member
April 2008
I finally got a chance to do a little more messing around with our prodigy system today. I thought I'd throw up a couple of things I found that may save someone some time if they come across them.

The ipod dock is in desperate need of an update. It takes quite a long time to load the library when you first dock it. Crestron is aware of this and already has firmware for some other dock pieces, just not prodigy yet.

Diesel mentioned the bug with the plx2 when trying to reload program fixes. This burned up a tremendous amount of my time also, but his fix is 100% for right now.

Now heres one for you that gets chalked up to user error. I think I ran into this because of the way we set up our test equipment, and could be the reason why tech support couldn't figure out what was going on either. I just happened to stumble across the root of the problem as I was messing around in the wizard. The PMC2 lands by default in a room named theater. You can rename the room, but it has to stay in the program and house the processor. I have it on our tech bench with the receiver, DVD, and ipod dock. I have light loads in the break room and office. The office also has the touch panel and the thermostat in it. I would load the program and would have it working 99%. What I was missing was light control on the PLX2 remote, it just said "no lighting control, contact your system integrator", even though the lighting worked fine from the touch panel. The trick is you have to assign the theater room(tech bench in my case) to be a lighting room, even if there is no light loads in it. Then it loads ALL lighting rooms on the remote.
Quality over quanity, that's how I make my mistakes....

Hosting Services by ipHouse