The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 16, 2009 at 13:24
Bret19
Lurking Member
September 2009
I am just trying to figure out if I am having really bad luck or there is some design / manufacturing problem with this remote. I am now up to two broken MX-810 remotes. When I plug the battery charger into the remote, it no longer engages the contacts and will not charge the battery.

The first one broke after about two weeks so I returned it for a replacement. The second one is now broke about three weeks later with the exact same problem. The funny thing is that on both remotes the charging plug does seat all the way down into the remote. I would say it goes maybe a third or half of the way down. It just does not seem correct, but it will not go down any further.

I am past my return period, so I can ship it back under warranty to URC. But I am really concerned about never getting a working remote. It is also quite a pain to be without a remote for however long it takes to process the RMA.

I thought URC was supposed to have high quality products. It seems like very poor quality to having a charging port break on what is supposed to high end equipment. Hopefully I am just having really bad luck, and it is not a widespread problem. Is anyone else running into this problem?

Hosting Services by ipHouse