The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 89 made on Wednesday October 14, 2009 at 23:18
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Yes, you can select a command line like PLAY then click the CCF button and paste hex right into it. And yes.. you can copy paste codes right from ID. I typically get my discretes from there or from the pronto file section here. Many of the ON/OFF codes work forever.

motech, If your not looking forward to learning commands then you need to stay away from Crestron. I haven't been on a single job that didn't require me to learn a few products.

A plus to creating your own IR files is that if you stick to the same naming convention for your commands you can easily use 1 file for multiple projects. If you have NEXT TRACK always be NEXT TRACK (instead of skip or advance etc) then you can swap out a DVD player for a blu-ray player and have all the commands line up.

If you look at IR files created by other people you will see multiple names for the same button like "LAST" "JUMP" "PREV" "PREVIOUS CHANNEL". They all do the same thing but since they are named different you cant just swap devices. You have to go in an assign all the new commands to each button.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse