Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Tuesday October 6, 2009 at 19:33
drewski300
January 2007
On October 6, 2009 at 02:07, RTI Installer said...
OK you have answered my question, I was trying to figure out if you had a quad speaker cable running from the rack to the volume along and a 4 conductor + ground, but that apparently is not the case you just have the one cable coming from the rack. That is a shame, O well even if you only had 2 conductors you could make it work by using a localized power supply for each touch panel and sending the signal back to the rack with the 2 conductor. Sorry for your loss.

However, the new ST-7 touch-panel is Zigby, Ill bet that would solve your problem, supposed to be available first quarter.

No, he's got a 16-4 speaker wire and a 16-4 shielded wire to the VC location. So he should be just fine.

Pesci, you don't need to use the RJ45 port. Use can use the terminal block. I think you need to use the RJ45 port in order to use RS485. Either way just terminate a 1' piece of cat5 with a RJ45 on one end and use b-caps to splice. Otherwise use the easy adapter that Jim recommended as they work really well.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse