The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday September 15, 2009 at 21:28
shepdawg7
Advanced Member
June 2008
On September 10, 2009 at 10:41, cbond said...
I'm interested in your solution to the problem of tracking the Guide status when the Back button is pressed. Pressing the Guide button once takes you to the channel program summary. Pressing it again takes you to a "filter" page. Pressing Exit from the filter page takes you out of the Guide, but pressing the Back button takes you back to the Guide. How do you plan to track the Guide status if someone chooses to go to the Filter page?

I have set up the Guide button so that, if the guide is not already displayed, one press brings up the guide and sets the "guide status" to True. When the "guide status" is true, pressing Guide exits out of the guide. This inadvertently causes the Filter screen to never come up. What I have done is created a "Filter" button, which contains If/Else programming. When "Filter" is pressed, if the "guide status" variable is true, the guide command is issued (the guide is already displayed and I'm sending Guide again to get to the filter page). When "Filter" is pressed and "guide status" is false, the guide command is issued twice and "guide status" is set to true (the guide is not already displayed so the first Guide command brings up the guide and the second brings up the filter page). It works every time.
Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse