Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Monday June 26, 2000 at 13:11
Ryan Carney
Historic Forum Post
Thanks to everyone that has replied to this thread. I'm sorry to learn that many of you are experiencing the same problem with the difference in the LCD screens. I guess this is turning out to be a fairly major problem. What are the options? Beyond searching the marketplace or E-Bay for an older version of the Pronto, you seem to be out of luck. Your going to be stuck with a less than acceptable LCD screen...but, the remote will still function as it should so maybe you can live with that. If not, you might want to look into the Denon or some other remote. It's too bad that Philips has yet to acknowledge the problem or offer any solutions. The funny part is that until recently, the Pronto has been sort of a "well kept secret." But, in the last two months, I have seen several magazine advertisements for the pronto, and a number of magazine reviews. Philips has begun the push to mainstream this remote...so, you figure that within the next year or so, there will be more remotes in the public domain with shitty LCD's than good ones. Any Pronto or RC5000 old enough to have an active light sensor will become a collectors item. I think the Pronto is an amazing remote but I'm dissapointed with this whole LCD thing...Oh well!

Hosting Services by ipHouse