The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 8, 2009 at 00:09
shepdawg7
Advanced Member
June 2008
The following is absolutely nothing groundbreaking, but I thought I would post just in case it can be of use to somebody somewhere.

As an integration pro, I deal with Dish, DirecTV, and cable on a regular basis. Also, I fortunately just switched from cable back to DirecTV recently, and I was annoyed that, with DirecTV, pressing the Guide button while the Guide is displayed does not exit the Guide as it does with Time Warner (and Dish, IIRC).

Using my MX-980, I created a variable called Sat Guide. There are 2 default ways to exit the guide: Exit, and Selecting a highlighted channel/program. All I'm doing is tracking/changing the status of the guide within the Exit and Select buttons, but only when the Guide's status is True. (You wouldn't want to change the status of the guide if you were exiting out of a setup menu instead of the Guide).

So basically, when I press Exit, the Exit command is sent, and if the guide is displayed (status is True) the Guide is set back to false. When I press Select, the select command is sent, and if the guide is displayed, the Guide variable is set back to false. Now for the tiny little thing that I wanted to accomplish in the first place: When I press Guide and the guide is already displayed, the Exit command is sent and the Guide variable is set back to false.

It took 15 minutes to do the programming and 10 minutes to type this, but by God, I don't have to use Exit to get out of my satellite guide anymore.
Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse