The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday September 4, 2009 at 20:28
little-infinity
Long Time Member
September 2009
Well I followed the suggestion of removing the phillips converter and just making it one 4-bay.

Virtually no difference. However tonight I'm managing to pull all Buffalo stations at 67-70%, regardless of setup. With the exception of PBS which is running at around 33-35%, hoping out once or twice every couple of minutes, but for the most part smooth. Still no FOX or ION or that religous station.

[personally the only channel I really need is WKBW so I can watch LOST in January. Those wonks at CTV pulled it off the main schedule and moved it to A, a really really dumb move if you ask me but...]

Still no Canadian stations, except CHCH which I'm pulling in at 33-35% behaviour similar to WNED.

I heard if you combine the 2 antennas, the signal loss isn't that bad if they're pointed at the same direction, which is perhaps why I don't really notice any difference.

But at least I can tell my dad he bought an extra antenna :P

But still, do you think I should switch to a ChannelMaster antenna? Seems like alot of you guys here use that. I wasn't with my dad when he went antenna shopping, so I don't know much about this stuff.

But the antenna tower we are going to set up is going to clear the roof so perhaps that will be some improvement?

Are there also any tools online or something that could help me determine the best way to aim an antenna to pull the most stations reliably? I mean so long as the signal strength manages to stay above 33% my reciever will be able to pick it up without any blocks or stuff like that. Though I'd hope for 50% to be on the safe side....

Hosting Services by ipHouse