The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday August 30, 2009 at 15:24
McSmarty
Long Time Member
July 2004
On August 30, 2009 at 14:30, GerryA51 said...
1 The purpose is to open the door of a cabinet that has a subwoofer in it so it doesn't reverberate.  The picture isn't of the actual subwoofer that is going in it.  I have a new 15 inch front firing Velodyne that is replacing the one in the picture.

2.  I should have an couple of inches where ever I need it as long as i move the sub to the other side.

3.  No I have 4 - specifications from Pronto RFX9600 manual 

Four Relay outputs: 48 VDC or 48 VAC rms, 2 A (max power 60 W)
Voltage output for general use: 5 VDC, 0.3 A

4.  No budget - from Firgelli website I am assuming will take at least $200.  I saw some linear actuators that were pushing 1k - rather not use them!

5.  It is definately first project so I am already over my head but willing to learn.  If not crazy expensive that I am thinking of adding another sub on other side of cabinet so maybe doing twice.

1. What is the purpose of having this door motorized?

2. How much space do you have to mount the actuator? Do you have room for the actuator to move from side to side?(pics of the cabinet would be helpful)

3. Do you only have one 12v trigger? Is it configurable? The choices would be pulsed, latched, or timed. What is the amperage output of your trigger?

4. What is your budget for this project? These things can get out of control depending on your desired end result. #1 should answer this question for us.

If this is your first motorization project, your in for a learning experience. However, with a little time you can learn to do some really trick things with it. Get me this info and we can move on to the next step. I know its alot of questions but planning this thing out well in the begining will save you tons of time in the end.

Hosting Services by ipHouse