The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday August 30, 2009 at 14:30
GerryA51
Long Time Member
April 2008
I apologize for my poor spelling. I was playing an online poker tournament while trying to post at the same time. My ommission of a c is both thoughtless and disrespectful. Therefore any knowledge I have on this subject should be disregarded because of my poor spelling.

Now back on subject. If you can answer these questions for me I can help you design this thing.

I am going to assume you will be using one of the actuators from the link you posted, with built in limit switches.

1. What is the purpose of having this door motorized?

2. How much space do you have to mount the actuator? Do you have room for the actuator to move from side to side?(pics of the cabinet would be helpful)

3. Do you only have one 12v trigger? Is it configurable? The choices would be pulsed, latched, or timed. What is the amperage output of your trigger?

4. What is your budget for this project? These things can get out of control depending on your desired end result. #1 should answer this question for us.

If this is your first motorization project, your in for a learning experience. However, with a little time you can learn to do some really trick things with it. Get me this info and we can move on to the next step. I know its alot of questions but planning this thing out well in the begining will save you tons of time in the end.

Edit: Is this just a standard cabinet door? I have quite a few actuators here, so I could mock up something real quick and post a video if that helps.

Last edited by GerryA51 on August 30, 2009 15:21.
Quality over quanity, that's how I make my mistakes....

Hosting Services by ipHouse