Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday October 16, 1999 at 11:18
Will Cunningham
Historic Forum Post
I am sorry that the Pronto did not work out for you, I hope you find something that works well for you. If hard buttons are what you want, you may want to check out the Marantz RC-2000 MKII. I have heard good things about that remote, you could also ask around in the universal remote forum.

The Pronto was the near-perfect solution for me. I was looking for customization, especially in button naming, size, and shape. My biggest beef with the hard button remotes was that I never had enough buttons to do what I wanted and always forgot which button does what.

I can totally agree with the thoughts about navigating menu's with the touch screen. I don't mind using the touch screen for 90% of of my navigating. I don't even have a problem with the DVD menus. I get hosed up sometimes trying to control my TiVo, it seems like every other function is controlled by the navigation cursor. I am starting to get used to it, but I would still prefer hard buttons for this feature.

Don't give up the search, I am sure there is remote nirvana out there for everyone! :)

Take Care,

Will

Hosting Services by ipHouse