The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Friday August 7, 2009 at 10:23
racingsnake
Long Time Member
August 2009
And check out my latest post. I got well and truly pissed off by being constantly referred to the FAQ by those that knew better but were not able, or willing to help me personally.

However, after 4 days, I now have a CCF I like, robbed from others hard work. The emulator is key to making sure your CCF behaves as you intended, if it does not, do what I did:

Save your files in ProntoEdit regularly, each time you make a big change would be best, and name them by version, v1, v2, v3 etc.....

Every time you change the CCF, use the emulator to see how it behaves before loading it onto the remote. Make the tweaks, then save as the next version.

Gallery is valuable. ProntoEdit is not obvious about how to use iut though. You have to down load a gallery or CCF from the files section to your PC. Then choose Tools, Select Gallery, and select the gallery you downloaded. You have now told ProntoEdit what gallery yo use but it will not appear until you go Tools, Gallery. You can now drag the buttons and designs, BMP's etc directly into your panels created under your devices.

Double click a button to edit its properties, add text assign IR codes and so on.

If you get stuck or frustrated, walk away and do something else, then come back to it. If all else fails, delete all the complex panels and devices you had working once, and go from scratch. You have your earlier versions to work with if you need to regress and refresh.

Good luck, and welcome to the newbie club!

Hosting Services by ipHouse