The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 316 made on Wednesday August 5, 2009 at 17:51
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
If Prodigy follows along the same lines as a SystemBuilder built Adagio system, and I assume that Prodigy Composer is built on the same backend, then it will be easy to program.

What I mean is that IF you were to use devices from the Crestron Library (or User Library IR drivers or User Library Serial Devices that are SB approved .umc files) then it should go pretty quick. When you step outside that functionality and attempt to do something that the system wasnt intended to do then there could be problems. Since, afaik, the Prodigy only dealers will only have access to Prodigy Composer that odds of someone having to spend years honing a skillset in Crestron's programming languages will not exist. So yes, you could 'hang n bang' a system and run to the bank with a check....but only if you dont promise the sun, moon, stars and a launch the space shuttle button to the end user. The dealers that DO promise all of that on this scaled down unit will end up having to have a full line dealer rescue the job and possibly even have a CAIP reprogram the new system.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse