The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 165 made on Wednesday July 22, 2009 at 15:53
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
On July 22, 2009 at 15:35, Audio Atmosphere said...
yes the remote is only a few lines of meta data but you can literally control anything, lights, music, tvs, thermostats etc etc

as an FYI Control4

HC200 - flash based
HC300 - flash based
HC500 - has a hard drive <~ the only all HD controller
HC1000 - flash based operating system - hard drive storage system

Thanks for the clarification on the metadata. From looking at the C4 wand we have in our other showroom it looked to be two lines of text max. You stated a few lines so our system may not be programmed to its fullest. I really dont know.

I have seen the ability to control any C4 product (expected) and plenty of IR based products. We have one system in the field that is C4 and Kscape and the installers/C4 programmers have said this works but is a bit buggy at times. This could be installation/programming related or it could be C4 related, again I do not know. You mention that C4 can literally control anything and I am not questioning that but would like to know how you would go about programming a C4 processor to query a webserver for a file list, load the file list into local memory on the processor, pull the data from the file list into an array from local memory so you can reference the data for further processing? This is a serious question and not some stab at C4 or a chest thumping of Crestron is better than C4. I can, and am currently, doing this with Crestron with ease and have been asked to build the backend for C4 systems to do the same thing. Now, this will only work if the C4 panels will support pulling images from the web and allows for this kind of customization through the (coming?) Flash interface.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse