The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 652 made on Wednesday July 8, 2009 at 23:03
phil
Founding Member
December 2001
On May 29, 2008 at 14:12, goodnf said...
April 2008 was the coldest April on record the past ten years. If global warming gets any worse, we're all going to freeze to death!

Sampling of Recent Cold in July 2009:

'Gloomy cold weather' in Cape Cod causes farmers to lose thousands of dollars as 'June that felt more like April'

California's June temps well under average

New York City has 'coolest June since 1958'

Cool weather dampens U.S. June retail sales...'coldest in 27 years' in Northeast

New York: 'In the 25 years we've been in business, this is the coldest mid-May frost I ever remember'

Scientists: Mediterranean Sea 'Not Warming'

Another new record low set at Bryce Canyon

'Antelope numbers are down in South Dakota -- harsh winter is to blame'

Early summer chill in Illinois hurts beach attendance

Long cold spell is to blame for lack of shellfish

Arizona has longest stretch of days below 100 degrees since 1913

'Winterkill': 'One the snowiest and coldest seasons on record' in Iowa continues to hang around'

Cold prompts grizzly bear attack warning: 'Unseasonably cold temps have made food scarce for bears, pushing them closer to towns to find more'

Report: Arctic Sweden temps see 'coldest June in 150 years!'

'Average arctic temp still not above 32F--Latest date in 50 years of record keeping'

South Africa: Cold a killer for homeless

June cooler than usual in Los Angeles -- 'below normal every day of the month' - '5 degrees below normal - lowest temps 'since records began in 1944'

March 2009 U.S. Senate Report: 700 Plus Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Warming Claims

And it's snowing today in New York! [Link: nypost.com]
"Regarding surround sound, I know musicians too well to want them behind my back."
-Walter Becker

Hosting Services by ipHouse