The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Wednesday June 3, 2009 at 05:15
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I think your thinking is fuzzy. You are saying that a series of pulses is a pulse. By that logic this entire website is one word, or maybe one letter.

No, EVERY output from a remote control or power up/down command IS NOT a short duration pulse that tells the switching circuit to energize and de-energize. SOME ARE, it's true.

But you mentioned wired remotes. A switch on a wire, remote from the device, can turn on a constant DC voltage that closes a relay. This is NOT a pulse, and the switching circuit -- the relay -- is not de-energized.

To me it seems that you're combining things that shouldn't be combined, and calling them all the same -- such as my relay circuit and ALL other control setups.

I know what -- you've said EVERY. Please give an example of A PULSE, that is, one single rise and fall of voltage, that tells the switching circuit to energize AND de-energize.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse