The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Saturday May 9, 2009 at 21:43
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
The blog layout works perfectly for organizing posts into categories and keeping all the new stuff at the top of the front page. The wordpress interface has a checkbox that i click to decide what category a post winds up. Its pretty simple yet powerful once you invest the time to learn how to navigate it.

Another nice feature is comments. I get a few emails here and there from people about my site but most people dont have the time. With comments it will be much easier for people to communicate with me.

I spent about 16 hours total researching wordpress, learning how to add it to my website and getting it configured. Getting the content loaded is not included in that estimate, it took another 8 hours to sort thru all the stuff i had at guijaboard and seperate it and load it to the new blogs. That will only happen once (hopefully) and thank the stars i didnt have much content.

I am using a wordpress template that i got from press75.com. I did not design or create it. I spent some time tweaking it and i made the background graphics & a download and email button and thats pretty much it. The guy who designed it gave the edges a little bit of transparency so it blends right in with any background.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse