The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Friday April 17, 2009 at 01:49
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
also know that there are 4 LNBs available now.

standard 4 wire out 3 and 5 LNB versions

built in SWM8 single wire out 3 and 5 LNB versions

we use only the three LNB versions whether single wire (rarely) or 4 wire (mostly) because where we are it is always difficult to get the 110 and 119 sats as they are the lowest and the furthest spread apart. 99,101,and 103 are higher and have a beam spread of 4 degrees vs 99,101,103,110,119 of 20 degrees and 119 being low in the horizon. there is nothing really on the 110 and 119 sats unless you are in a market where your locals are on one of those 2 sats or for para todos. you can use a 5 lnb even if you cant get signal on the last two, which we did alot until the new 3 lnb dishes, but it will give you an error but just click fix later during setup and you will be fine. but that is why we use the 3lnb so we can select the 3lnb in the setup menu and not get any errors

so first figure whether you need 3 or 5 LNBs. then figure whether or not you need a swm setup (if you have two wires everywhere than no), then figure if you need a maximum of 8 tuners or if there will ever be need for more.

We use SWM8 on every install period. i hate BBCs on boxes. although the new h and hr23 has built in BBC so even if you are not using SWM you still dont need BBC on boxes. i have only seen 2 or 3 of those boxes shipped.

also another tip, if you do anything with a swm setup, period plan on red button resetting the boxes. if you remove one, add one disconnect then reattach. once running i have had zero problems but while messing with them, holy cow! get them all connected and ready and bring online one at a time, works like a charm.
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse