The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday March 18, 2009 at 18:05
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
On March 18, 2009 at 12:17, el gran chico said...
Thanks Daniel. Are you using a Canadian postal code? The DTVpal DVR only accepts US zip codes. Perhaps the Canadian channels aren't available to US zips?? But that doesn't explain why WNGS doesn't show for me ....

You have to use a zip code if you want to receive data from WNED. They don't cover any postal codes, so your TVGOS guide wouldn't see it as an appropriate match. As I mentioned earlier, it has all Canadian broadcast channels *except* for City, Sun and Omni 2.

Similarly, if you want to receive CFTO's version you must use a postal code. But of course the last time I checked they had turned off all US broadcast channels.

On March 18, 2009 at 16:32, donnyjaguar said...
This looks way cool. Are there any OTA DTVs that can receive this information? AllI get it is what's playing at the time, how long 'til its done, time of day and resolution. No mention of any of the above in the maual either, go figure.

That sounds like the standard PSIP guide - taken from data broadcast from the station. TVGOS is a feature the manufacturer pays to have integrated in their product.

Hosting Services by ipHouse