Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Saturday February 28, 2009 at 21:48
smokinghot
August 2006
Sorry mcn, but NASCAR isn't about racing...it's about the crashing.

50+ cookie cutter cars, dialed in to be the same as the car beside it doesn't impress me.

The only races worth watching are the road courses. ...and that's only because you get to see how bad the drivers really are.

The last race I watched was on tv, and they did a driver's cockpit view of the race. They showed graphical feedback of what the driver was doing during a couple of laps of an oval. Not once did he touch his brakes, and not once did he change gears...truly sad how that's considered racing.

Are they fast..?...sure, but if you had to build a car that only had to turn left with the help of an embankment you could hardly walk up. Building for speed wouldn't be all the difficult.

If you want to be impressed on a road course. I suggest checking out World MotoGP bike racing. These guys are only a second or two behind F1 on the same track, and when they rub elbows...they really rub elbows. They slide both wheels around corners at spds that make NASCAR look like a soap box race.

oh...I forgot. 3inches of snow...?...you did catch the part where I mention I'm in Canada right....? 3 inches...I could only be so lucky
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse