The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday February 23, 2009 at 09:54
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 23, 2009 at 00:29, Healey3000 said...
I have compared a scan I took of a Denon string (off an oscilloscope) to one from a ccf on this site and it matches in terms of code but not timing.

How much did it mismatch in timing?
A URL of the downloaded file and some timing data from your oscilloscope results would let me make much more specific comments.

Most devices don't care much about moderate timing differences.
1) Plus or minus 10% on modulation frequency usually doesn't matter.
2) Plus or minus 10% on the overall time scale usually doesn't matter.
3) The beginning of the first On period is usually missed by the receiving device, so the receiving device typically must ignore the length of that first pulse so wild differences in that lenth usually don't matter.
4) The ratio of On and Off parts of Zero and One bits typically doesn't matter. The receiver might measure from the beginning of one Off period to the beginning of the next Off period and completely ignore where in between the On period starts.
5) The time between frames usually can vary by a lot more than the 10% that doesn't matter for other timing and still have no effect.

Johnsfine, I see from the JP1 board that you are familiar with trying to simulate button presses on the PS3 BD remote. Any information you can offer on that subject would also be much appreciated.

Sorry, I don't recall anything about it. I certainly never did any of that myself, but I'm sure I looked at some signals someone posted somewhere and used those to help someone else. If you have specific questions, I probably can help. (A URL to some relevant earlier post I made could make that easier).

Hosting Services by ipHouse