The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday February 22, 2009 at 16:17
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 22, 2009 at 15:44, Healey3000 said...
Is there a way to interpret these? They look much shorter and perhaps simpler.

If you posted a few samples, I could be sure. For now, I'm guessing which short simple form you mean:

It gives you a setup code number and a button number for look up in a database that was licensed from the company that designed OneForAll remotes. So it isn't telling you anything directly about the signal. If you happen to have a OneForAll remote, for basic functions it tells you how to make the same signal with your OneForAll remote. But the button numbering is different, so for many functions it doesn't even tell you how to get the same signal with a OneForAll remote.

Thanks a ton for this; I found the Pioneer ccf codes and have begun to interpret them. Couldn't find a specific Pioneer format but I'll keep looking.

I haven't had great luck with links to Pioneer's web pages pasted into forum posts. You might need to navigate to it yourself, but here's a try:

[Link: pioneerelectronics.com]

I took the "Pro-151FD" from your post and pasted it into the search box on Pioneer's site and selected "PRO-151FD IR & Hex Codes" from the results, which brings up a document called "2008 ELITE TV IR CODES".

That document has columns labeled "Category", "Function", "Command" and "Hex Code".

"Function" is the name of the function.
"Command" is the IR signal in Pioneer's own concise format for specifying IR signals.
"Hex Code" is the Pronto Hex.

I've seen many Pioneer documents with their concise form and without Pronto Hex. But maybe they aren't documenting as much that way now, since they realized how few people understand their format.

I'm not specifically set on using Pronto codes. Whatever is the easiest method to recreate the waveforms will work. If you have specific suggestions for this, they would be most welcome.

If you have and understand Pronto Hex, it probably will be easiest for you.

I think the IRP notations I use inside MakeHex and various other programs, documents and posts (or a similar IRP notation used by Barry Gordon in some of his programs) are better ways to represent IR signals. But by the time you find and understand the info posted on IRP notation, you would probably already be done with whatever you're trying to do with signals of just two devices.

Hosting Services by ipHouse