Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday February 22, 2009 at 15:44
Healey3000
Lurking Member
February 2009
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the response, which was most helpful. A few follow-on questions, if I may:

Do you understand Pronto Hex? In other words, do you just need the Pronto Hex strings for those signals?

Yes, I feel pretty comfortable with interpreting the codes. The strings will suffice.

The library of codes included with ProntoEdit are in a different form. Since you want common signals, it is easy enough to find them in Pronto Hex elsewhere.

Is there a way to interpret these? They look much shorter and perhaps simpler.

Both Denon and Pioneer post those code sets in a concise form (better than Pronto Hex). Maybe you are better off looking at some IRP notation description of their signal structure and applying it to the concise form of the signal documentation.

Thanks a ton for this; I found the Pioneer ccf codes and have begun to interpret them. Couldn't find a specific Pioneer format but I'll keep looking. For Denon, I think I've drawn a blank. The closest is the document for the AVR3806 on Denon's site but that may not be applicable.

Yes. But how can we guess whether you downloaded the wrong CCF files or whether you just don't know how to look at the Pronto Hex inside?

I managed to extract the codes. It was simply a case of digging deeper but eventually, they showed up.

I'm not specifically set on using Pronto codes. Whatever is the easiest method to recreate the waveforms will work. If you have specific suggestions for this, they would be most welcome.

Again, many thanks.

Regards,
Adnan

Hosting Services by ipHouse