The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday February 22, 2009 at 09:06
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 21, 2009 at 20:23, Healey3000 said...
I thought that obtaining the Pronto codes would be a good way to proceed since the patterns are completely defined.

Do you understand Pronto Hex? In other words, do you just need the Pronto Hex strings for those signals?

I have downloaded ProntoEdit but the codes shown are very different from what I've read. Perhaps that's because these are not learned codes; the string length is too short. Am I not looking in the right place?

The library of codes included with ProntoEdit are in a different form. Since you want common signals, it is easy enough to find them in Pronto Hex elsewhere.

I am attempting to determine the actual waveform that is transmitted by a remote for two pieces of equipment - a Denon AVR2802 and a Pioneer Pro-151FD.

Both Denon and Pioneer post those code sets in a concise form (better than Pronto Hex). Maybe you are better off looking at some IRP notation description of their signal structure and applying it to the concise form of the signal documentation.

But if you really want Pronto Hex for those devices, you can easily find Pronto Hex that has been generated (from that same concise info) using my MakeHex program.

For Pioneer signals, someone at Pioneer did that conversion using MakeHex and posted the results on Pioneer's web site (He also imported that into CCF files and at least one other file format, so all the signals are posted in many different forms, including Pioneer's concise form, Pronto Hex, and CCF files).

For Denon signals, there are many threads at RC about both the process and the results of using MakeHex to convert from the form in which Denon documents IR signals to Pronto Hex.

Secondly, I have downloaded some ccf files off this site but they show just panels, not codes. Again, am I missing something?

Yes. But how can we guess whether you downloaded the wrong CCF files or whether you just don't know how to look at the Pronto Hex inside?

If you want advice regarding any files you have downloaded, provide the URLs f those files in your post. Then we can look ourselves for any critical bit of info you didn't know was relevant to the question.

Hosting Services by ipHouse