The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 190 made on Thursday October 26, 2006 at 12:50
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
Some questions regarding the TSU-9600 for those who are familiar with the device:

1) Is there a way for the TSU-9600 to query a device's status, and then have if/then/else statements in the macro which would do the right thing based on the status of the device?

Here's an example of why I would like this query/two-way capability:

I have a projector that takes about 40 seconds to boot up before it can respond to commands. I currently have one set of macros which are used to turn everything on, sleep for a certain amount of time while the system turns on, and then switch to the proper projector/preamp inputs. I have a second set of macros which assume the projector and preamp are already turned on and merely switch the projector's and preamp's inputs to use the selected source device. My projector and preamp have RS-232 commands that can be used to query if they are already on. If I can take advantage of these query commands, I would only need one set of macros. The macros would basically query if the projector is already on. If it is not on, the macro would turn it on and wait 40 seconds. If the projector is already on, just switch to the proper input (no 40 second delay needed).

2) I have 4 devices that have RS-232 interfaces. Is it possible to daisy chain the serial box to support more than 3 devices?

3) Is it possible to use both the serial box (for serial devices) and the wireless box (for non-serial devices) at the same time?

4) For devices that don't have serial interfaces, is there a way for the serial box to query if the device is powered on or off? I believe Xantech has devices which can determine the status of a device by detecting video, power, or other means. I don't actually need this capability currently, since all my devices have discrete power commands, but something that could be useful for others (or for me in the future).

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse