Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday November 22, 2006 at 08:00
LewK
Long Time Member
November 2006
I found the problem!!!

While the remote for my Yamaha RX-V992 receiver worked just fine with the receiver I was totally unable to get a clean read with the TSU9600 no matter what I did.

BUT...

While I was getting ready for work this morning it suddenly occurred to me that I should try new batteries which might increase the signal strength above the noise floor. Guess what? Yep. One of the batteries in the remote was corroded and only reading about .78 volts. I replaced both batteries and was immediately able to get a clean read with the TSU9600.

Ever notice how so often it is the little things that tend to bite you in the butt? :-}

I would like to thank the ProntoTeam for their efforts to find a solution to this problem. They do read the forums and they contacted me the day after I first posted the message with some suggestions and expressing their interest in getting this fixed.

And Lyndel, thanks again for pointing me to the correct spot on the site here where I could find files to download. There are a LOT more files in the Classic Pronto section than where I looked based on the 9600 being a new, pro unit. Me bad. ;-)

Lew
A little nuts, but I'm single so I can usually get away with it.

:-D

Hosting Services by ipHouse