The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 46 made on Thursday April 5, 2007 at 20:04
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
One thing to keep in mind regarding the Simulator (and editor) is that they don't display text placed on buttons and panels exactly as they will be seen in the remote. In my XCF for instance I have some text on buttons which in the editor I've had to position to far to the left or right, so that once downloaded to the remote they show where I want. It can be an even bigger problem with text panels as once downloaded to the remote the text on a given panel takes up less space within that text panel than it does in the Simulator (and editor). The largest dispartity can be seen with text panels containing multiple lines of text. Due to this, placement of text panels in the Simulator (and editor) need to be offset to a great degree at times, so that the placement is correct once downloading to the remote. Due to these quirks I routinely download pages I'm working on to the remote via a new file to make sure the textual elements of the pages are showing up where I want them to prior to saving my working XCF and downloading to the remote. In the Simulator (and editor) textual elements of my XCF can look off here and there, but are perfectly placed once downloaded to the remote. While I'm not submitting a XCF for the contest I just thought I'd mention these things. Would be worth people downloading contest entries to the remote when needed for a more discerning look at a given XCF.

On a related note, the problems I've described above make it a royal pain to post screenshots of ones XCF like the ones I've posted here. For each of those screenshots I had to make adjustments to the text on certain buttons and panels, including repositioning certain text panels just for the sake of taking the screenshot. A real pain.

Last edited by Lowpro on April 9, 2007 07:27.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse