Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Tuesday January 30, 2007 at 01:05
gwstudios
June 2004
If you want to create your own logo's there is a free download at www.guifx.com called LogoTools. It will automatically convert standard white background chanel icons into a collection of gloss white or gloss black icons.

I while ago, I wrote a script to convert logos similarly to the gloss black look. I offered them for free download for a while but it was too hard to keep up with changes in channel line ups. When they decided to create the LogoTools program, I supplied them with the (black) gloss overlay so any new icons created would match the collections that a lot of people already had.

The gloss white is pretty sweet too. As long as you are not creating channel icons and charging money for people to use them, there is no problem according to many of the legal statements I have read regarding the use of network identities and their logos.

Daniel can correct me if I am wrong about this.

To me, creating your own unique collection of logos is not only time consuming, but when new ones need to be made, no one can do it without the original layered Photoshop file in most cases. Using something like LogoTools makes it easy to update your collection basically forever.

Just a thought to help you out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse