The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Wednesday November 19, 2008 at 23:45
Guy Palmer
June 2008
Sylvain,

Sort of. These HID accessories seem to install multiple HID 'devices' and you often can't tell from looking at them in device manager which is which. For example, on my PC, I have 6 HID 'devices' even though I have a maximum of 3 HID 'accessories' (mouse, keyboard and Pronto). Disabling some of the 'devices' disabled some of the 'accessories' but disabling other 'devices' seemed to have no adverse effects. I just found the right ones to disable by trial and error. If you plug in a second (e.g. wired) mouse and keyboard while you are mucking about, there is no risk and it only takes a few minutes.

Barry,

I don't think the problem that Sylvain has is anything to do with Vista. It happened on both my XP machine and my Vista machine when I plugged by bluetooth mouse in. More generally, I think the problems with Vista are often exaggerated by some people: it is just a bit different than XP, that's all, with some good things and some not-so-good things. For the casual user, its plug-and-play facilities are a joy.

Guy

Hosting Services by ipHouse