The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday February 13, 2009 at 12:34
Evohome
April 2008
Hidef,

I think you're possibly misreading the destructions for configuring the RFX9400, as I found myself doing the first time out.

You need to set the two-position "Stand-alone/ network" slider switch to "stand-alone" mode, the three-position "Config" switch needs to be set to "1" (this switch is only changed during configuration, and reset to "1" when in use) , and then you need to dial in the "Extender ID" to match the settings on your TSU. The default ID on the RFX and TSU is 0 (zero).

In PEP V1, make sure that the settings for the controller under the "Wireless Settings" tab, on the "Systems/ System Properties" tree is set to match the settings for the RFX.

In PEP V2, you're looking for the "Network" tab, and follow the same instructions as above for PEP V1.

Where you're probably getting mixed up is setting the "Config" switch on the RFX to 2 or 3, and possibly changing the "Pronto Channel" slider in PEP V2 to 2 or 3.

My question for you is why don't you just leave the RFX as part of the WiFi network and utilize the extra functions available? Have you seen any of the RSS feeds, Weather Modules, etc. that can be fed to the controller?
And buyer beware of a man who chooses to be judged by numbers and salary, with no regard for character or integrity. Peter Gammons, ESPN

Hosting Services by ipHouse