The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday February 19, 2007 at 17:15
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 14, 2007 at 12:51, culverinc said...
I've learned the command to the Pronto numerous times, and every code it gets is
different, but they all work.

That is typical behavior. The learned signal contains a bunch of approximate durations. Each time they are measured the values may be slightly different.

Unfortunately,
the Universal Browser sees these commands as IR Data although
they are learned commands I'm sure because of the four
number prefix of 0100. Here is an example of one of the
codes received by the Pronto:

0100 0014 0001 0001 0008 0044 0008 0019

The 0100 means it is unmodulated. I expect you are correct that this is the reason the Universal browser won't accept it.

I don't know whether the MX-950 can transmit unmodulated signals at all. Even if it can, I don't know whether the Universal browser will understand any. Have you tried real customer support?

Any ideas how I can get these codes (or at least one that
works) into the MX-950?

Sometimes it is possible to construct a modulated signal that will be acceptable to a device that expects unmodulated signals. But that one sample is so short it doesn't tell me enough about what aspects of signal structure matter to the device. So I may need to see the other commands (I assume it has more than one) to deduce the rules.
My first guess without seeing that is:

0000 0140 0001 0001 0001 0003 0001 0001

But I don't really know whether the Universal browser could import that, nor whether either a Pronto or an MX-950 could transmit it correctly, and if they did whether the device would consider it close enough to the original signal.

On February 19, 2007 at 16:00, Surf Remote said...
Because of your original post where you said:
"I've learned the command to the Pronto numerous times,
and every code it gets is different, but they all work",
you may be dealing with a toggle bit command.

Even without a toggle bit, it is normal for multiple learns of the same command to look different to a non expert. The signal posted at the start of this thread is too simple to include a toggle bit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse