The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Monday October 22, 2007 at 18:29
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Again, I want to be clear that I'm not speaking for URC. And the business anecdote I mentioned is a favorite of mine, not a corporate principle. However, I do believe that reaching for people's passions, not their middle-ground "yeah, I guess this is pretty good" acceptance, is the way to make products truly appealing. The result is passion, and it tends to be extreme. Joe and Bubby are on the negative side, and we fully expected there to be a vocal group of installers who see ProWizard as a bad thing. Of course we wish they were on board with the idea behind the product, but we knew from the start that we can't please everyone.

I'm not saying the software is flawless. No software is. Further, this is the first release of ProWizard. Over time, constructive feedback will help us make it do its intended job better and better. But its intended job is not to fit into the MX-Editor model. You end up crippling your own efforts if you try to make it do that. ProWizard guides you to a particular architecture for the end product (typically a one-room system with 24 or fewer components), based on the "Activities and Devices" UI model. If that architecture fits your client's needs, then MX-810 may be the right remote for that client. But if it doesn't fit your client's needs, we have every other product in our line to work with, and not a wizard to be found (well, except the Favorite Channel Tool on the MSC-400).

MX-810 may not be the product you personally want to sell, but believe me, the prospect of never having to turn down a job because your more-experienced programmers are over-booked led many installers to ask for this very solution.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse