The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Monday October 22, 2007 at 09:12
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
First: again, I'm speaking as a guy who loves control systems and a member of Remote Central, not as a spokesperson for URC. I'm nowhere near the level at URC where I could speak for the company.

To answer an earlier question:

ProWizard was not "attached" to the MX-810. The operating system of the remote was designed side by side with ProWizard from day one. This remote isn't an offshoot of any of our previous products--it's a whole new architecture. As such, there are things going on inside the OS of the MX-810 that MX-Editor wouldn't know how to control, like power state tracking and session awareness. (Yes, sophisticated programmers can create these functions within MX-Editor, but then, the point of the MX-810 is to allow your field installers to program single-room systems without tying up your more experienced programmers.)

So as to the "Love the remote, hate the software" question, the answer to that is simple: MX-810 and ProWizard are a single product, so your opinion of that product should be formed on the basis of the whole package. We're confident that the dealer feedback that led to the creation of the MX-810 represents a large enough section of the installer market to warrant this product. Early sales indicate we're on target. We knew there would be a vocal camp who didn't like ProWizard. But again, we're not trying to make every product we create fit the needs of every installer, differentiated only by feature level and price point.

The MX-810 isn't appropriate for every install. That's why we have a full product line. However, we do think that the MX-810 is appropriate for most installers, when it's sold and programmed with its original goal in mind.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse