Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Saturday October 20, 2007 at 11:33
KCThirstyEar
January 2003
RHT1, & Joe-CI...I respectfully disagree with your opinion of the 810. For the most part, the layout is okay, but I really don't like the "Activities/Devices" layout, as opposed to the "Watch/Listen" For the end user The Watch/Listen is more logical and flowing. I don't usually have to explain the Watch button to somebody, but I would have to explain Activites and Devices to Clients. Probably every time. I have also included a "Devices" section on almost every remote I have ever programmed. Very few clients of mine ever use it; some don't even know it's there. The record button, in my opinion, is also a waste of hard button space, as there's usually only one current device (DVR) that utalizes it, and most people have timer and such set up, so even there it's not used all that frequently. Therefore, when using other sources such as DVD, or CD, or XM Radio, or something, it's just a useless button. As has already been mentioned, the real sufferage of the 810 comes in attempting to program it. It actually hurts to program. Overall, I find this remote to be a poor example of what URC is capable of, however the 980 is a really, REALLY nice remote, and I prefer it in every way to the 810, and actually to everything that URC has done to date. This is of course all personal opinion and preference.
KC
Audio Artisans

Hosting Services by ipHouse