The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday January 10, 2008 at 11:31
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On January 10, 2008 at 11:03, BFINN said...
Now
I click the "drag hex" button and drag to the physical
button I would like the command to reside at

Hopefully someone who has the new version of Universal Browser can tell you whether the above is correct or what detail of that GUI you might be misunderstanding.

I do understand
that the URC editor will only accept Pronto style hex,
altho I don't know if the info given by Onkyo is correct

URC editor actually accpts only a specific subset of Pronto hex. But the Onkyo sample you posted is a correct example of that subset of Pronto Hex, so the format of the Pronto Hex string is NOT the problem.

If you really get stuck with your currect method of importing those signals, you can get it done the old way:

Download MakeHex and either IrPanels or Hex2CCF (more details in many other threads in this forum).

Edit NEC1.irp to change the device to 210.2 (you may need to do this again for other device numbers as indicated in that Onkyo spreadsheet).
Drag/drop NEC1.irp onto MakeHex.exe to produce a .hex file of all 256 possible signals for device code 210.2.
Convert that to a CCF using IrPanels or Hex2CCF
Open the CCF in Universal Browser and drag from the numbered buttons of the CCF to named buttons of you MX-900.

I expect the Onkyo spreadsheet shows you the subdevice number (the .2 mentioned above) and the function number (223 for the sample you quoted) for each function. You need that information to follow the above instructions. If that isn't obvious from the spreadsheet, I probably can explain it better after seeing that spreadsheet. If you want to use MakeHex and need more help, you can email the spreadsheet to me (address in profile) or preferably if possible post a URL to this thread from which anyone trying to help you could download that spreadsheet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse