The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Friday March 14, 2008 at 18:45
tiger_qc
Long Time Member
March 2008
On March 14, 2008 at 18:06, Surf Remote said...
That's from the Seller's point-of-view. You should be
looking at this page: [Link: pages.ebay.com]

The item is "Significantly Not as Described" as it can't
be programmed without the software. Unless the seller
specifically disclosed in his ad that the remote did not
come with the programming software, it is "Significantly
Not as Described". Beyond Ebay, selling the remote without
disclosing you're not getting the software is deceptive
and likely subject to legal action against the seller
if you wanted to take it that far.

Well Mike in the description the software was'nt mentioned so I can't really say that it is "Significantly Not as Described". I have a lot of time right now since I got one of my thumbs cut with a glass at work and I'm staying home for around 4 weeks still so if there's any legal actions I can't take I will. Another poster mentioned me he could program the remote for me just check the last post on the first page of this thread. Is that possible or should I just stick with sending back the remote and/or take legal actions to the seller.

I just sent him an e-mail that says:

''I understand your mad at me and it's my bad it I did'nt ask you about the software before I won the object. But why do you sell PC programable remotes without the appropriate software? It's not because I don't want this remote it's because I won't be able to use it even if I try. I just think it's unfair to sell something that buyers can't use and not write it down on the description. Look I was on a forum after I won the auction and people told me I won't get the software. That's why I asked you after I bid not because I wanted to get you mad... Try to understand my point have been wasting two day's trying to figured out how to get the software, a proffessional installer or an online software and it can't be done. You should let now buyers that your an unauthorized dealer. As I say I don't want to be stuck with a 355$ piece of equipement that just won't work. In Canada it's impossible for me to find a way to solve this. I wish we could find a way to settle this down.''

What should I do go on with this dispute with the seller and get a refund, get the remote proggram by someone else, return my MFR-350 as well or stick to MX products and buy another remote from an authorized dealer just like you. (if you ship in Canada with the software)

Hosting Services by ipHouse