Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday July 10, 2008 at 14:02
Tassie Devil
Long Time Member
February 2003
Am I striking this registration hurdle?

I can connect both the 700 and the 800 and determine the system version but cannot do a live update for either of those.

The MX800 shows the 850 editor here is pretty ancient as version 1.04 March 28 2005. There are many later versions. But if I try to do a live update with the 800 connected the download fails.

Now I'm not concerned with access to the library of codes. With some of the gear used here they are not there anyway, so I'm happy to use the learn function and have done this successfully.

However if I connect the new Aeros to determine the firmware version I instantaneously get error code 110-27UU-0004 with the pronouncement that either the cable is defective or the wrong port has been selected. As communication with the other 2 remotes is fine then obviously the cable is not defective and the correct port (COM2) has been selected.

So, if there is communication to the other 2 remotes, and, although ancient, I have the MX850 editor working, the correct port, a working cable, to my naive mind the only other possibility is that the new Aeros id defective and will have to be returned to the manufacturer. Correct or am I missing something?

TIA

John
An audio nut for over 60 years & now a video nut too :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse