Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 104 made on Tuesday November 18, 2008 at 20:17
Ends
Lurking Member
November 2008
Just my story...

Well, I purchased a MX-980 from the before mentioned going out of business company. I had the same problem as most - got a great deal on the remote but no software. At first, they were going to sell it to me without even mentioning the software issue. Right before I went for my wallet, I asked if the software was going to be included, knowing that this could be an issue. The sales agent was not a CI but the other guy who was there was, and had access to the software. He stated that the software was for dealers only and if I wanted it program I would have to pay him to do it. I mentioned that I have a MX-700 and would be fine programing the remote and even brought up the fact that they were going out of business but that did not sway him - still no software! Unlike most, I told them to hold it until I was sure that I could found the software myself and then came back the next day to buy it.

Frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that I have had a MX-700 and was very familiar with the programing style (although the 980 was some enhancements with the GUI) I would have gone another way. Too much BS if you ask me... If URC does not want to deal with the end-user then that should be their choice althouigh it is the end-user who pays and uses their products not the CI. If they want to crack down on internet selling, then crack down on the distribution/dealer network. I know a lot of people who don't have the time nor inclination to program such a remote even it they had the software so I think the CI business would be just fine. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by Ends on December 22, 2008 01:26.

Hosting Services by ipHouse