Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 92 made on Friday November 14, 2008 at 15:12
smokinghot
August 2006
On November 14, 2008 at 13:32, marduke_ii said...
1 - a remote is
not something of style or conspicuous consumption which
will be seen by others and wanted.

Funny... I've had a few people come to my home and end up putting the 980 on their wish list.

2 - the service and
support when buying a genuine Prada or Ferragamo item
is outstanding in their stores or the other high end retailers.

Of course you'd get laughed out of the store if you walked in complaining that you couldn't work the button snap holding the purse closed. Which is what would be on par with operating your 980. Comparing the necessary hand holding for the diy and the support of electronics to swapping out a piece of leather is not really a apples to apples arguement. I have zero experience with Parda, but I doubt they make something I couldn't figure out how to open.

On November 14, 2008 at 13:32, marduke_ii said...
Oh, and after programming the remote to work better than
the teenage installer who the company sent to my home,
this DIY/ owner says the MX-980 is not all that they try
to make it out to be for the price paid in patience and
dollars. No wonder the dealers are going out of business.
The MX-980 is certainly not a luxury item to me.

And this Diy'er says you probably did the programming just a as well as the teenage installer. The 980 is an incredible remote. All it takes is the ability to configure it correctly. I guess it should be said that if all you have is a VCR and TV I would imagine any experience would be lack luster, but that would have nothing to do with the remote.

Your above experience just hammers home my statement of choosing your dealer wisely. You're not going to tell me that you didn't know inexperienced kids worked at Tweeter are you...?

Last edited by smokinghot on November 14, 2008 15:21.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse