The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 91 made on Friday November 14, 2008 at 13:32
marduke_ii
Long Time Member
July 2008
I am glad that Tweeter went out of business if only to show URC their faulty logic when it comes to their customers. I liked tweeter and went there to buy my TV and receiver. Gosh, if choosing Tweeter is not a well-thought out choice in installers – what criteria does URC propose.

The problem with URC is that they think of themselves a Prada, or a Ferragamo – in other words a luxury item. The problem with this idea is twofold: 1 - a remote is not something of style or conspicuous consumption which will be seen by others and wanted. 2 - the service and support when buying a genuine Prada or Ferragamo item is outstanding in their stores or the other high end retailers. Electronics dealers are staffed by teenagers making minimum wage and all of it is sold with a degree of DIY no matter how much you pay an installer. Additionally, unlike an article of clothing; a remote will constantly need tweaking and the end user should have the option of doing that once they buy it.

In addition to this, please add the experiences of a whole host of new owners sharing my experience of my dealer going out of business and that pretty much left me out in the cold.

So, I would love the expansion pack - but will not get it from URC. I would love the updated software - but will not get that either.

Just like I would never buy Prada shoes if I could not walk in them; just like I would never buy a Ferragamo belt if I could not wear it; I will never buy a Universal Remote Control product again.

Maybe in this downturned economy URC will decide that having customers who would like to use and explore their products is not such a bad thing.

Until then, I wait for the day that URC goes out of business and is bought up by a more reputable management team.

Oh, and after programming the remote to work better than the teenage installer who the company sent to my home, this DIY/ owner says the MX-980 is not all that they try to make it out to be for the price paid in patience and dollars. No wonder the dealers are going out of business. The MX-980 is certainly not a luxury item to me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse