The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 57 made on Thursday May 1, 2008 at 21:05
Testname
Lurking Member
March 2003
On December 19, 2007 at 18:35, Darnitol said...
"Not to be indelicate but... the MX-980 is an installer-only
product....."

|
"It's true that we're not making any effort to make it
easy for end-users to get the software, because again,
this is an installer's product. It's unfortunate that
some installers are selling direct without programming,
but we cannot legally force them not to do that."

Darnitrol, First, let me thank you for posting. It's nice to know that remote suppliers read the posts at this site. I don't want to be "indelicate" either, but thought a bit of feedback might be in order.

After my Pronto hit the tile floor last weekend, I went to Magnolia to find a new high quality remote to replace my dead Pronto. I did not consult this site first, and had no idea that the MX-980 is an "installer only" product, or that buying an MX-980 would REQUIRE that Magnolia program it (they made no effort to explain that fact to me, nor did they offer to program it for me). I went home, attempted to download the software after reading the 2 paragraphs in the "manual" dealing with installation and was surprised to find that my new $700 remote was WORTHLESS since I was not permitted to download the software.

After a few incredibly frustrating hours discussing software with Magnolia, I can tell you very clearly that I WILL NOT EVER BUY ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS. Go sell to installers if you wish, but remember that every installer must sell to a CUSTOMER. I am no longer a CUSTOMER.

Best wishes to you and your installers. I'll send my business elsewhere.

Hosting Services by ipHouse