The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Wednesday December 19, 2007 at 18:35
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Not to be indelicate but... the MX-980 is an installer-only product. Installers will have easy access to the graphics expander, from URC Control Room—the same place they get the editor. I'm not even certain if installers will be authorized to share the graphics expansion pack, since it's a separate installer.

Compressed, the graphics expander is close to 300MB, and the Favorite Channels expander is close to 30MB.

The primary reason for not making them available by Live Update, however, is that not every installer will want them or need them. Installers who like the included templates need not add the additional hundreds of megabytes of files to their computers. Live update doesn't let you pick and choose. It installs the whole update, every time.

It's true that we're not making any effort to make it easy for end-users to get the software, because again, this is an installer's product. It's unfortunate that some installers are selling direct without programming, but we cannot legally force them not to do that.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse