The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 158 made on Sunday January 11, 2009 at 06:49
vmaxxer
Lurking Member
January 2009
I'm frustrated ... have a WYSIWYG issue related to the ProWizard Software. Darnitol if you can shed some light here I would be most grateful!

I am trying to create fully transparent icons for the "buttons". Although a good concept, I'm not one for a button graphic unless the button can be pushed (as in a touch-screen). Since the MX-810 is not a touch-screen, I see no need for the graphical representation of a "button" on the screen.

That being said I am trying to get all screens to disply icons/text only, with no button graphic behind it. I want icons/text and background only. I created fully transparent 88x59 icons with no image, replaced the default "ActiveStateButton" and the "Button" png files with the transparent images of same, named appropriately in the proper diectories for the theme. I am using a custom "Alpha" theme. I feel I am getting well versed in the file structure of ProWizard and can manipulate images as I see fit. On to the WYSIWYG problem.

With my new modified theme I open up ProWizard and select Alpha Theme. All looks PERFECT. All "button" graphics are gone and I have nothing but an icon and text for each allocated button slot. The background image is fully rendered behind each icon/text assigned to each hard button. Look at dsp81's screen-shot of "Page 1" DirecTV buttons below:

Notice how the icons on the left screen have no associated button image? THAT is what I am trying to achieve for ALL screens (Devices, Activites, and sub-functions of both). The REAL issue is that the ProWizard app displays everything properly - no "button" image at all. HOWEVER - when I download the file to the remote ALL buttons become full black for background. No wallpaper (background image) is visible at all. The background image is there, and can be seen on screens where I have no "buttons" assigned. Again, on the SAME screen, buttons that HAVE been assigned show a full black background. Text and Icons are fine. ProWizard shows all screens as fully transparent for "button" images.

Darnitol ... take me away!!

Seriously ... why would the ProWizard show everything as perfect yet that same file downloaded to the remote goes to all black?

Help!

PS - I can fully understand the need to represent channel logos as buttons - I just want to get rid of Devices, Activities, and sub-functions of same (direct IR functions) backgrond button graphics.

Last edited by vmaxxer on January 11, 2009 07:05.

Hosting Services by ipHouse