The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Thursday December 21, 2006 at 12:03
eric gandt
Long Time Member
September 2002
I want to mention that price fixing (which is why they want to use Authorized dealers) is illegal, if one place which is not "Authorized" sells it for $600 and an "Authorized" place wants $1100 then obviously the purchase price is under $600. While I understand there reasoning, is that it is expected that only a professional will perform the installation and they want work in the extra $500 as part of the installation/setup fee, but this is still a borderline illegal and most definitely unethical practice, back when I bought my first MX-700 there was a lot of discussion about these "UnAuthorized sales", and how stop them, since they can not do anything to stop even Authorized Dealers from reselling extra stock on the sly this new software download restriction would appear to be their latest attempt to try restrict the market from selling devices for less than they desire they sell for. For the record another group which likes to use similar practices to inflate profits is the Mafia.

And yes I expect that this post will be moderated away, but I wanted to get this off my chest.
ERIC

Hosting Services by ipHouse