The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Saturday November 25, 2006 at 20:06
blakrj
Long Time Member
December 2005
Okay, just read Daniel's post elsewhere on the negativity of the posts and ask others to ignore my previous post (can't find a way to delete it). Instead I would ask someone to clarify the following (can't seem to understand Eric's post)
- By providing Universal with registration details and serial number, what does this give us?
- The software that we can subsequently download after doing this, is it a current version of the software? (just found the update history by looking - seems I've stepped back by upating with the version Eric links to. Now I only get IR db 1.76)
- Do we have to do this each time there is an update to the IR database?
- How will we find out about updates to the software/IR database?
- If we are not asking for technical support (haven't to date, other than reporting bugs/defects in their software), what purpose does this serve?
- How were we to know if the seller was an auth.distr. when we purchased some 2 years ago? Where in Universal's documentation/installation was the warning ('caveat emptor')?
- What happens to owners selling their remotes to others (i.e. second hand market). How do these new owners get updated software?

Perhaps someone from Universal can give some more detail to us users of their products. They really need to think through their new policy and provide some detail.

Last edited by blakrj on November 25, 2006 21:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse