The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Saturday November 25, 2006 at 05:47
blakrj
Long Time Member
December 2005
I purchased this remote in good faith (no idea if it was a auth.dealer or not, but have no idea anymore who it was). Nowhere in the documentation did I see that this could only be purchased through an installer or authorized dealer. Where does that leave me? No way to update my software. I think this is a pathetic way of dealing with their customers.

I quite liked my MX-3000 remote up until now (depsite its quirks and bugs in the software, reported and still outstanding BTW). Having just moved and purchased a bunch of new electronics on the other side of the world, I am now stuck without being able to update my IR db. As for Eric's post, I registered, downloaded, but how do I keep it up to date? Why waste your bandwidth making people download 40+ MB each time.

As far as I am concerned, folks should speak with their wallets. Stop buying Universals products and go with other vendors products. I'm already looking now.

Wake up Universal before your faithful customers go elsewhere. You do not have a monopoly and there are better remotes out there.

Richard

Hosting Services by ipHouse