The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Monday October 30, 2006 at 12:59
geyepa
Lurking Member
October 2006
I received my device as a gift for my 50th brithday (going almost 3 years ago) and I do not know if the vendor where the unit was bought was an authorized dealer or not, as a matter of fact, I did not even know such restriction existed (and why should I?!) until my software stopped working. Yes, my device has a valid serial # in the battery compartment as I was able to register it at URC's website to download a refreshed IR database. I thought the process a bit strange for I did not need/want to download the software per se, all I wanted was to get the newer IR database (Oct 9, 2006 Ver 1.12.270). This past Friday, after "re-installing" the downloaded version I ended up having the same IR database version that I had before (July 25, 2006 Ver 1.12.267). Today, I contacted TS to let them know that the "software" that I had downloaded on Friday did not have the newer IR database and how I would go about to get it; I was told to contact whom I bought (I got it as a gift!) the unit from to get the refreshed IR database for it is only for custom installers or "use the learn function". >>> Does anyone know how to get a copy of an IR database refresh (such as the OCT9 update) or am I screwed by URC? Thx <<<
Regards,
-=[Paulo]=-

Hosting Services by ipHouse