The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 25, 2006 at 12:47
Cyberbug
Lurking Member
October 2006
Well I stumbled upon this forum during my online research regarding universal remotes.

I am in the market for one for the first time. But I had specific needs, since I would like this purchase to last me a while.

First would be to narrow down hopefully more then one model which meets my needs and then to search for a good price.

Needs:
1. Future compatibility - it should have some way of learning codes or upgrades available so that I can use it with my future purchases.
2. Customizable - I did not say programmable, I would like something where I can customize what I want to see on its screen, so yes touch screen is reqiured. So I can have the usual functions right there on the display and don't have to go through menus and stuff. Some thing like group functions and everyday use bottoms.
3. one had or two had doesn't matter, as long as its not too big.

The MX-3000 seemed a little too big, RC9800i did not come through in the reviews and customization.

Looking at the Harmony1000 and TSU9600.

What can some of you experts, recommend?

regards and thank you in advance - I know its a old tiring question but I tried to provide some specifics and hence the question

Hosting Services by ipHouse