The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Sunday August 14, 2005 at 15:36
gmaier
Lurking Member
August 2005
OK. So, after a long night of playing with my new toy, I've managed to make at least a bit of progress on the media server browsing capabilities of the RC9800i. It appears that the Mac version of the Philips Media Manager software simply doesn't work, as it is never recognized by the RC9800i. I was, however, able to browse my Mac media files with a trial download of eyeConnect from Elgato softare; similar trial software from Allegro allowed me to at least browse my MP3 library.

So...this is some progress. Unfortunately, I've still not been able to render any such browsable media on the RC9800i, itself. According to a basic statistics console, maintained within eyeConnect, the media server (eyeConnect) is receiving numerous "Browse" requests from the remote, but has not yet recorded any "Transfer" requests. It is, of course, these transfer requests that deliver media to the ultimate rendering device, like the RC9800i or some other media adapter. That such requests are nonexistant suggests that either the RC9800i is not issuing them, or something else is awry.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gary

Hosting Services by ipHouse